Essentially we are a normal family. Essentially.
We try to be good parents, only seek the best for our boys and even argue every now and then. Oh, and we love to travel. Even pre-children, we spent years on the road. This didn’t change after the births either.
Don’t all parents like to show their children the very thing they know best and love most?
Out children should see the world with their own eyes, touch it with their own hands and feel it with their own hearts. Together we set out and experienced one miracle after the next. We are happy to share some of our stories with you: to our blog, to our travel tips.
More than seven years we travelled. Today, our boys are in school and travels are limited to holidays and weekends.Nevertheless, our journey continues. We carry the experiences in us. They form our lives and influence our decisions. Every day is a gift and every day offers a journey.
- 1996 – 1997: 6 months backpacking in Nepal and India. First on my own, later I met Michael, who proposed to me after a few hours…
- 1998 – 2000: 24 months backpacking through Asia and Africa (up to the 7th month of my first pregnancy).
- 2000 and 2002: births of Desmond and Lenny.
- 2004: 1 month “test travel” to Morocco.
- 2005 – 2007: 23 months backpacking through the Middle East to South East Asia, through China and on the Karakoram Highway to Pakistan and India, back to Switzerland via Mongolia and Russia.
- 2008 – Jan. 2011: running the hotel Outside Inn in South China.
- 2011: 8 months camper travel through the USA and Mexico.
- Since October 2011 we live on the beautiful Lake of Lauerz in Switzerland.
- Summer 2012: 3 weeks in Egypt.
Thank you for visiting our site!
Dieser Post ist auch verfügbar auf: German